The 3 day occasion was attended by the British Embassy Brussels and Belgium’s Financial Mission to the United Kingdom, led by Her Royal Highness Princess Astrid.
Belgium’s Ministry of Overseas Affairs explained the economic mission to the United kingdom as “one of the most essential at any time organised”. The Uk is Belgium’s most significant non-EU buying and selling associate and amongst the best 5 buyers in Belgium. In 2021 Belgium was the seventh major purchaser of Uk products, and the sixth greatest supplier of items to the British isles.
About 400 members and 214 businesses and organisations (together with sector federations, universities and chambers of commerce) were on the trade delegation. These involved:
- Federal Strength Minister: Tinne Van der Straeten
- Walloon Minister for the Financial system and Overseas Trade: Willy Borsus
- Flemish Minister-President: Jan Jambon
- Flemish Minister for the Economy: Hilde Crevits
- Brussels Secretary of Point out for International Trade: Pascal Smet
- Minister for Europe and North America James Cleverly been given the delegation. Bilateral meetings had been held among the Secretary of Condition for Company, Vitality and Industrial Method Kwasi Kwarteng and Federal Strength Minister Tinne Van der Straeten, and Minister for Energy, Clean Development and Local climate Change Greg Palms and the Minister-President of Flanders Jan Jambon.
These conferences and the signing of a partnership arrangement involving Agoria, Belgium’s technological innovation federation, and the UK’s Energy Sector Council underline the importance of strength as a critical driver for United kingdom-Belgium cooperation and abide by on from the signing of a Memorandum of Being familiar with on Strength in February 2022.
Secretary of Point out for Worldwide Trade Penny Mordaunt satisfied the Belgian enterprise neighborhood at a lunch organised by the Federation of Belgian Firms (FEB-VBO) and the Confederation of British Sector.
9 other Memoranda of Comprehension ended up signed and 2 main Belgian investments in the United kingdom inaugurated – an integrated squander-to-electrical power website for the Indaver corporation in Rivenhall, and the building of a brand name-new investigation and advancement facility for the Belgian pharmaceutical company UCB in Windlesham.
In addition to strong and lively financial and company relations, the Uk and Belgium share common values and shut historic ties. Princess Anne and Princess Astrid laid a wreath at the Edith Cavell Monument in London in tribute to the British nurse who pioneered the enhancement of healthcare in Belgium.